The Science of Hemp Oil
The New Green in Clean Beauty
Hemp infused skincare incorporates oils extracted from the seeds and the stalk of the industrial hemp plant. Hemp oil is the superfood of skincare, let’s take a look at what makes hemp oil such a fantastic anti-aging ingredient.
Hemp Oil Is High in Anti-Oxidant Vitamins
- Vitamin A repairs the cellular structure of the epidermis and thickens the dermis. It slows the breakdown of collagen and elastin due to normal aging. It also works to make the skin smooth and even-toned. It can also decreases sebum production while improving cellular hydration.
- Vitamin C regulates collagen synthesis while it provides photoprotection and reduces photodamage.
- Vitamin E prevents damaged caused by reactive oxygen. It has anti-inflammatory properties such as reducing UV-induced swelling and it provides photoprotection.
Hemp Oil Is High in Essential Fatty Acids
Hemp oil has a 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 essential fatty acids, which is the preferred ratio for oils accepted by our skin. This means helps hemp oil have a fast rate of absorption and gives it a comedogenic rating of 0, which means it isn’t pore clogging. Hemp oil is composed of the following essential fatty acids:
- Linoleic Acid (Omega 6) helps skin retain moisture by preventing water loss and helps prevent skin aging.
- Alpha-Linolenic Acid (Omega 3) has antioxidant properties and acts as a skin conditioning agent to enhance the skin’s overall appearance.
- Gamma-Linolenic Acid (Omega 6) has anti-inflammatory properties, it regulates moisture loss and acts as a skin conditioning agent.
Hemp Oil Has Powerful Phytosterols
- Beta-Sisterol has anti-inflammatory properties and redness reducing properties, it also has antioxidant properties and can stimulate wound healing.
- Phytol is a plant sterol that works as an emollient and a skin conditioning agent.
Phytocannabinoid Rich Hemp Extract
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring cannabinoid extracted from the hemp plant that has anti-inflammatory and pain cessation properties when applied topically.
Vitamins, omega fatty acids and plant sterols contribute to what make hemp oil the leading natural anti-aging ingredient in the green beauty space. It promotes instantly healthy, more youthful looking skin and restores hydration and radiance. If you’re ready to incorporate hemp into your skincare routine, check out our line of natural, clean products here.